Call for Papers
Derpcon needs you! Our premier 2020 online conference needs content, and we hope you’re willing to provide it. All submissions will be judged anonymously to ensure fairness in the selection process.
- CFP Opens: Monday, April 6, 2020
- CFP Closes: Friday, April 24, 2020
- Submission Acceptance Notifications: Monday, April 27, 2020
- The Con!: Friday, May 1st, 2020
It’s hard to be social in a world locked down by disease. Let’s help each other stay in the great indoors with a virtual conference! Help keep the community together during the COVID-19 pandemic! We want to do our part to foster the information security community while simultaneously providing attendees with interesting knowledge they can use personally or professionally.
Desired Presentation Qualities
Being an online-focused conference, we are open to talks both beginner and advanced. We would like to have some content to interest everyone, from industry insiders to students taking their first steps. Talks should be anywhere from 40 – 50 minutes, to provide time for Q & A at the end. We ask that talks adhere to one of our three-track themes:
- Team Red: Technical offensive techniques, tactics, & procedures. Penetrationtesters, red teamers, and bug hunters, look here.
- Team Blue: Technical defensive techniques, tactics, & procedures. Systems & network administrators, architects, and trench grunts, look here.
- Tales from the trenches: Day in the life / survival stories / everything else.
Topics of interest may include, but are not limited to:
- Challenges related to the Covid-19 Pandemic (remote work)
- Incident Reponses
- Zero-day research
- Bug bounty experiences
- All types of penetration testing (application, physical, network, web, etc.)
- Interesting past engagement tales
- Interesting personal projects
Technical Presentation Requirements
As an industrious, new, online conference, we will provide an online platform capable of handling broadcasting and scheduling your talk (immense thanks to Black Hills Information Security!). We will ask you to provide a webcam and microphone set up of sufficient quality to be engaging to an online audience. If you wish to speak, please be able to:
- Broadcast video at 720p or greater
- Record audio at roughly podcast quality
- Have a reliable internet connection capable of supporting the above requirements